Since many years, even in the vacuum material handling, the suction pads have been widely used. They can be employed together with lifting systems and allow handling of non-porous materials, using the vacuum produced by a vacuum generator and limited by the suction pad surface, which can then adhere the material to be lifted.
Our suction pads are:
- Manufactured with light alloy materials.
- Can be tilted 0° to 90°, with manual or pneumatic controlled tilting, to lift and lay down materials both horizontally that vertically.
- Provided with sealing of special shape and material, to allow gripping of any material (polished, raw, flamed, bush-hammered, etc.)
- In compliance with the EC Machine Directive.
- Provided with safety devices: pre-vacuum tank, vacuum gauge, vacuum switch, acoustic and luminous alarm system. Can be tailored to meet customers requirements. The vacuum is generated by an electric pump or by means of a compressed air vacuum generator (Venturi pipe). The unit usually consists of: electric vacuum pump + connecting pipe + vacuum suction pad. The vacuum pump is to be placed nearby the working place. For special application can be supplied pumps with single-phase, DC electric motors (to be installed on fork lift and hydraulic crane), internal combustion ones.
In the compressed air operating unit, the vacuum generator is assembled directly on the suction pad. The unit consist of: suction pad complete with compressed air-vacuum generator + connecting pipe.
One of the conditions necessary to assure the proper functionality of the vacuum lifters for their agreed use, is the correct selection of the model of the lifting suction pad (single pad, double-pad, multi-pad, flexible – with manual or pneumatic tilting).
The parameters to be carefully observed for the selection are:
- Capacity: the maximum weight to be lifted should be considered and increased for flexible materials, load inclination with respect to the horizontal plane, dynamical inertia, etc.
- Dimensions and shape: plane, concave or convex, regular o irregular element.
- Nature of the load: compact material, rigid or flexible, polished, or raw surface, etc.
- Type of lifting system used: jib crane, bridge crane, self-driving carrier, etc.