LIFTING SUCTION PADS
VACUUM LIFTING SYSTEMS
A safe, reliable and versatile solution for material handling
Suction pads, also known as vacuum lifters or vacuum grippers, are widely used in various industries for material handling with lifting equipment and jib cranes. The principle behind their operation involves utilizing negative pressure (vacuum) to create an adhesion between the suction cup and the object to be lifted.
This technology allows for secure gripping and manipulation of objects, especially those that are solid and non-porous, such as stone, marble, granite, metal sheets and ceramic slabs.
Advantages of suction pads vacuum lifters
• Safety: suction pads allow for a safe and reliable grip on objects, even on wet or rough surfaces.
• Versatility: vacuum lifters can be used to lift objects of different shapes and sizes.
• Ease of use: vacuum lifters are easy to use and do not require any special equipment.
• Ease of maintenance: suction pads are easy to clean and maintain.
Vacuum lifters are available in different shapes and sizes, and different number of suction pads, in different configuration, to adapt to a wide range of objects to be lifted.
In addition to being safe and reliable, vacuum lifters are also very versatile. They can be used to lift, quickly and easily, objects of different weights and sizes: small, fragile objects or heavy, bulky objects. Furthermore, they are easy to clean and maintain, making them an ideal solution for industrial applications.
FEATURES of OUR SUCTION PADS
and VACUUM LIFTERS
- Lifting capacities up to 3.000 kg | 6.600 lb:
our suction pads are designed to lift heavy objects, up to 3,000 kg. This makes them ideal for a wide range of industrial applications, such as handling stone, marble and granite slabs, metal sheets, ceramic slabs.
- Made with light alloy materials, which makes them lightweight and easy to handle, while maintaining high strength. This makes them easy to use even for unskilled operators.
- Equipped with special-shaped and material seals, that allow them to grip any type of material, not only smooth, but even those with rough, flamed or bush-hammered surfaces.
Furthermore, the material mix and the color shade of our gaskets are designed not to stain even the most delicate items.
This makes them suitable for a wide range of applications, including the roughest and the most delicate ones.
- Can be tilted from 0° to 90°, both manually or pneumatically. This allows you to lift and place materials with the utmost flexibility and precision.
- Complies with the EC Machine Directive, which guarantees their safety and reliability.
- Equipped with safety devices: pre-vacuum tank, vacuum gauge, vacuum switch, acoustic and luminous alarm system. These devices protect the operator and the load in the event of any problems.
- Can be tailored to meet the customer’s needs: our vacuum lifters can be customized according to the specific needs of the customer, for example in terms of lifting capacity, dimensions and accessories.
VACUUM FEEDING OPTIONS
of PADS AND LIFTERS
Our suction pads and lifters can be powered by a vacuum from either an electric pump or by means of a compressed air vacuum generator (Venturi pipe).
The choice of the most suitable feeding option depends on the specific needs of the application.
The unit usually consists of: electric vacuum pump + connecting pipe + vacuum suction pad.
The vacuum pump is to be placed nearby the working place.
For special applications can be supplied pumps with single-phase, DC electric motors (to be installed on fork lift and hydraulic crane), internal combustion ones.
In the compressed air operating unit, the vacuum generator is assembled directly on the suction pad. The unit consist of: suction pad complete with compressed air-vacuum generator + connecting pipe.
Advantages and disadvantages
of the different vacuum feeding options
Electric vacuum pump
• Advantages: high vacuum generation power, low energy consumption, low noise, reduced maintenance.
• Disadvantages: requires an electrical power source, can be bulky and heavy, higher purchase and repair costs.
Compressed air vacuum generator
• Advantages: compact and lightweight, easy to install, does not require an electrical power source, lower purchase cost.
• Disadvantages: high compressed air consumption, high noise, more frequent maintenance than the electric vacuum pump,
Which vacuum feeding option
The choice of the most suitable vacuum feeding option depends on several factors, such as:
• Type of application: for applications that require a high and constant vacuum, it is recommended to use an electric vacuum pump. For applications that require a lower vacuum or that involve the use of an existing air compressor, it is possible to use a compressed air vacuum generator.
• Work environment: if the work environment is noisy or dusty, it is recommended to use an electric vacuum pump. Compressed air vacuum generators are more sensitive to dust and moisture.
• Availability of electrical power: if an electrical power source is not available, it is necessary to use a compressed air vacuum generator.
Some examples of the use of suction pads
Lifting and handling of:
- stone, marble and granite slabs
- sheet metal
- ceramic slabs
- glass and mirrors
One of the conditions necessary to assure the proper functionality of the vacuum lifters for their agreed use, is the correct selection of the model of the lifting suction pad: single pad (plate), double-pad, multi-pad, flexible, with manual or pneumatic tilting.
The main parameters to be carefully observed for the selection are:
- Capacity: the maximum weight to be lifted should be considered and increased for flexible materials, load inclination with respect to the horizontal plane, dynamical inertia, etc.
- Dimensions and shape: plane, concave or convex, regular o irregular element.
- Nature of the load: compact material, rigid or flexible, polished or raw surface, etc.
- Type of lifting system used: jib crane, bridge crane, self-driving carrier, etc.
Other factors to consider:
- Type of dynamic load: if the load is dynamic (e.g., a part moving quickly on a production line), it is necessary to use a suction pad with a higher capacity and better seal.
- Time of handling : if the vacuum must be maintained for a long period of time, it is necessary to use a suction pad with a larger contact surface, a better seal, a larger pre-vacuum tank.
- Need to move small pieces or larger cuts: for small pieces or larger cuts, it is advisable to use specific vacuum lifters.
- Curved materials: for concave or convex surfaces it is necessary to use a vacuum lifter with flexible pads (OMNIA)
- Shape of the workpieces to be lifted and positioned: if the workpieces have a complex shape, it is advisable to use a vacuum lifter with multiple suction pads and contact points.
- Fragility of the materials involved: if the materials are fragile, it is advisable to use a suction pad with a soft contact surface.
Why our vacuum lifters for marble, granite, stone and other materials are the best
Our marble, granite and other stone vacuum lifters are the best on the market because they are the result of many years of research and development, the choice of the best materials and constant field testing.
Our company is a world leader in the production of vacuum lifters, and thanks to our experience, we are able to offer products that meet the most specific needs of our customers.
Our lifters are made with high-quality materials that ensure long life and high resistance.
The gasket of the suction plates is made of a special natural rubber mix, which guarantees excellent adhesion forces on any surface, even irregular ones.
Our lifters are subjected to rigorous safety tests to ensure the maximum protection of operators. Suction systems are equipped with safety devices that prevents the load from detaching in the event of pump failure, and warn the operator of the dangerous situation.
Our lifters are designed to be ergonomic and easy to use.
But he real added value of our lifters is the know-how that we make available to our customers. Our team of specialized technicians is always available to provide pre- and post-sales support and tailor-made advice.
Thanks to this service, our customers can rely on professional support that helps them use our lifters safely and efficiently.
Here are some concrete examples of how our vacuum lifters can be an advantage for companies that work with marble, granite and other stones:
- Increased productivity: Our lifters allow you to move loads more quickly and safely, reducing working times.
- Improved safety: Our lifters are designed to ensure maximum operator safety, reducing the risk of accidents.
- Reduced costs: Our lifters are durable and require little maintenance, reducing operating costs.
In addition to the above, our vacuum lifters offer a number of other advantages, including:
- Flexibility: Our lifters are available in a variety of sizes and configurations to meet the specific needs of your application.
- Precision: Our lifters allow you to position loads accurately and safely.
- Ease of use: Our lifters are easy to operate, even for operators with limited experience.
We are confident that our vacuum lifters
are the best choice for your needs.
If you are looking for a vacuum lifter for marble, granite, stone or other materials, we invite you to contact us to learn more about our products and services.